Do you want to know where are the best places to stay in Singapore for first timers?
Are you travelling soon, so you want to see where to stay in Singapore for tourists?
In this ultimate Singapore hotel guide, we’ve carefully selected the best hotels and hostels in Singapore to fit your travel budget. This travel guide is more detailed than our best places to stay in Boracay post, so you’re in for a treat.
All of these hotel recommendations are good for 2 people, so if you’re a solo traveler, they can even be more affordable. Let’s get started!
Which part of Singapore is the best to stay?
Mirai and I have been to Singapore for 3x already, and based on our travel experience, the best areas to stay in Singapore for first-timer are the neighborhoods of Chinatown, Marina Bay, Little India and Orchard Road.
Wondering where to stay in Singapore for 3 nights in a short time? Chinatown is honestly the best part of the country that you and your family can stay in, if you’re in a budget.
Chinatown is actually the only one of its kind to feature a Buddhist temple, mosque and Hindu temple — all in the same street. Plus, it has tons of food courts and hawker centers like our favorite Maxwell Food Centre so it’s worth to check out.
Best Places to Stay in Singapore in Chinatown
- Cube Capsule Hotel – ₱3,500+/night (book your DISCOUNTED stay in Cube Capsule Hotel here)
- Wink Capsule Hostel – ₱3,000+/night (book your DISCOUNTED stay in Wink Capsule Hostel here)
- Hotel Mono – ₱5,000+/night (book your DISCOUNTED stay in Hotel Mono here)
Known as the best area to stay in Singapore for first timers, Marina Bay is super near to the country’s popular tourist attractions like Merlion Statue, Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands.
Best Places to Stay in Singapore in Marina Bay
- Pan Pacific Singapore – ₱16,000+/night (book your DISCOUNTED stay in Pan Pacific Singapore here)
- Marina Bay Sands – ₱33,000+/night (book your DISCOUNTED stay in Marina Bay Sands here)
If you’re someone looking for the best place to stay in Singapore on a budget, then the district of Little India is where you should go.
When we went to Singapore this year, we budgeted a lot for food 🙂
We decided not to spend so much on accommodation — that’s why we stayed at a mid-luxury hotel famous for remote workers like lyf Farrer Park hotel. The bus station is literally in front of the hotel + they have famous eateries all around!
Other Best Places to Stay in Singapore in Little India
- 7 Wonders Hostel – ₱2,000+/night (book your DISCOUNTED stay in 7 Wonders Hostel here)
- Citadines Rochor – ₱8,000+/night (book your DISCOUNTED stay in Citadines Rochor here)
Do you love shopping? If yes, then Orchard Road is the best place to stay in Singapore for tourists like you.
The whole Orchard Road is a bit overwhelming for us, since it’s lined with world-famous shopping malls filled with branded and designer stores you can think of: Prada, Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Giorgio Armani, Cartier and Dolce & Gabbana, but if you’re a self-confessed shopaholic, this is the best area to stay in Singapore.
Best Places to Stay in Singapore in Orchard Road
- Citadines Connect Singapore – ₱8,000+/night (book your DISCOUNTED stay in Citadines Connect Singapore here)
- Hilton Singapore Orchard – ₱17,000+/night (book your DISCOUNTED stay in Hilton Singapore Orchard here)
Questions on Where to Stay in Singapore for Tourists
Next, let’s go to the frequently asked questions on Singapore hotels.
Which is the best place to stay in Singapore for 3 nights?
If you only have a limited time in Singapore, it’s best to stay in Orchard Road as it’s in the center of the country. Hotels there are a bit pricy but they’re cheaper than staying in Marina Bay area.
Some hotels we recommend at Orchard Road are:
- Hotel Grand Central for ₱5,000/night
- YWCA Fort Canning for ₱6,500/night
- Citadines Connect Singapore for ₱8,000+/night
Plus, Orchard Road is super close to Marina Bay area as it’s only 25 minutes away. It’s also just 19 minutes away from Tiong Bahru plaza, where Mirai and I enjoyed yummy pork noodles and prawn delicacies at a more affordable price.
And if you want to go to Universal Studios Singapore, it’s only 40 minutes away. 🙂
Where to stay in Singapore on a budget?
Are you staying in Singapore on a budget? Singapore is one of the more expensive countries in southeast Asia, so hotel prices can be expensive.
That said, here are the best hotels and hostels that are light on the pocket you can book:
- Dream Lodge for ₱5,000/night [top-rated]
- Cube Capsule Hotel for ₱3,500+/night
- 7 Wonders Hostel for ₱2,000+/night [breakfast included]
- ibis Budget Singapore for ₱3,000/night
- BEAT Capsule Hotel for ₱3,000/night
And so, there you have it! We hope this Singapore hotel guide helped you decide on where to stay in Singapore for your upcoming trip.
Travelling soon? Here are the common immigration questions for tourists.
Don’t want to get offloaded? Check out this next post on best tips on how to avoid offloading in Philippine immigration.